DIY Wood Furniture Polisher Recipes
Taking good care of your wood furniture is essential if you want to marvel at it for years. Apart from regular wiping and dusting, it also needs to be polished so that it looks shiny and alive. After all, this is an investment that you want to keep longer.
You can make your own DIY wood polisher from the recipes below that will help make your furniture shiny and sparkling again.
What you need:
- ¼ cup of vinegar
- ¼ cup of olive oil
- 1 glass spray bottle (16 oz.)
- 10 drops of essential oils (of your choice)
- Start by adding the essential oils to the spray bottle.
- After that add the vinegar and olive oil.
- Shake well. You are ready to use the polisher.
How you use this product to polish wood: Use a microfiber cloth. Add a few drops of the product on the cloth and wipe down every wood surface in the household. You are advised to do this occasionally, preferably once every two months. Make sure you always shake the bottle before using the product.
What you need:
- 4 parts of oil (of your choice: jojoba oil, coconut oil, olive oil, walnut oil…)
- 1 part of beeswax
- Measuring cup
- Cheese grater
- Grab a measuring cup and add some oil into it. Now, grate the beeswax using the cheese grater or a hammer. Next, put the beeswax into the measuring cup. Make sure it reaches ¼ or 1 cup.
- Time to melt the beeswax. Either place on the stove or in the microwave oven. Make sure it is really hot and stir. Once it is fully melted, remove from heat. You can add a little bit of your favourite essential oils (optional).
- Pour the mixture into a container. Stir occasionally for a couple of hours. Wait until it’s cool. You are done.
How you use this product to polish wood: apply the mixture onto wooden surfaces and rub well. Use a cotton cloth to wipe off the remaining polisher from the wood. That’s it.
What you need:
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 1 tablespoon of water
- 1 lemon
- 1 container
- Start by cutting the lemon in half. Take a container and squeeze the lemon into it.
- Add the olive oil and water.
- Close the container with a lid and shake well. You are done.
How you use this product to polish wood: grab a cloth and pour a small amount of the product onto it. Just wipe down your wood furniture.
Hint: It’s best to prepare this recipe every time you need to polish the wood. Don’t store it for use. Use a fresh solution every time to obtain fascinating results. Once you are done polishing, just dispose of the remaining liquid. If you don’t have lemons at hand you can use white vinegar. It always works. The best part about using this wood polisher is that it doesn’t leave a film or reside on the surface unlike commercial products.
Author Bio: Jane loves to write about home improvement and DIY. She works as a manager of http://www.carpetcleaningprice.co.uk/ and loves to think creatively.