Turkey Cupcakes are a great alternative for a kids dessert at Thanksgiving if they don’t like Pumpkin Pie or other desserts. Or if you have a child that has a November birthday these are perfect for a classroom birthday treat. If you are looking for other Thanksgiving recipes check out my Mini Peeps Turkeys.
Get more RECIPES from ShortCutSaver here!
1 box Chocolate Cake Mix
1/2 cup Vegetable Oil
1 cup softened Butter
2 tbsp Milk
5 tbsp Cocoa Powder
4 cup Powdered Sugar
1/4 cup Chocolate Sprinkles
1 bag Candy Corn
48 Candy Eyes
1/8 cup Red Candy Melting Chips
- Bake cupcakes according to box directions. Allow to cool.
- Whisk or sift together cocoa powder and powdered sugar.
- Cream butter and vanilla in a large bowl and slowly add in the powdered sugar cocoa powder mixture, and milk as needed, until everything is incorporated and frosting is right consistency.
- Beat for 5 minutes to make sure it is fluffy.
- Ice cupcakes then sprinkle or dip tops in chocolate sprinkles.
- Insert 5-7 candy corns along the back edge of each to make tail feathers.
- Pipe more icing from the front edge to the middle of each to make turkey neck and face.
- Push 1 candy corn into head to make beak.
- Place 2 eyes above beak.
- Place red melting chips into corner of zippered sandwich bag.
- Microwave for 45 seconds and knead to insure that they are melted and smooth.
- Clip corner and pipe a waddle on the beak and down the neck of each turkey.
- 1 box Chocolate Cake Mix
- 1/2 cup Vegetable Oil
- 3 Eggs
- 1 cup softened Butter
- 2 tbsp Milk
- 5 tbsp Cocoa Powder
- 4 cup Powdered Sugar
- 1/4 cup Chocolate Sprinkles
- 1 bag Candy Corn
- 48 Candy Eyes
- 1/8 cup Red Candy Melting Chips