In honor of Secret Life of Pets 2 out on Bluray, DVD and 4k we are celebrating with a doggy party and homemade dog donuts. My dog was so thrilled to be a part of this with some games, fun, movie watching and taste testing the donuts. We adapted this recipe from Duke’s Doggie Donuts recipe of Secret Life of Pets 2. It’s the perfect recipe for your dog to enjoy while watching the movie with the family.
Homemade Dog Donuts Recipe
Makes 6 donuts
1 cup whole wheat flour
1 cup oats
1/3 cup peanut butter
1/3 cup coconut oil
Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
Spray donut pan with cooking spray.
Combine flour, oats, peanut butter, coconut oil, and eggs in a bowl and mix well.
Distribute evenly into donut pan.
Bake for 14 minutes.
Let cool on cooling rack.
Dip one side in yogurt.
Top with bacon bits.
How to Make Homemade Dog Donuts
Homemade Dog Donuts
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 cup oats
- 1/3 cup peanut butter
- 1/3 cup coconut oil
- 2 eggs
- Cooking spray
- Greek Yogurt
- Bacon Bits
- Cooling Rack
- Donut Pan
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Spray donut pan with cooking spray.
- Combine flour, oats, peanut butter, coconut oil, and eggs in a bowl and mix well.
- Distribute evenly into donut pan.
- Bake for 14 minutes.
- Let cool on cooling rack.
- Dip one side in yogurt.
- Top with bacon bits.
Nutritional facts are estimates and are provided as a courtesy to the reader. Please utilize your own brand nutritional values to double check against our estimates. Nutritional values are calculated via a third party. Changing ingredients, amounts or cooking technique will alter the estimated nutritional calculations.
About Secret Life of Pets 2 Movie
BONUS FEATURES ON 4K ULTRA HD, BLU-RAY™, DVD & DIGITAL
- Mini Movies
- Minion Scouts – When Margo, Agnes and Edith return from Badger Scout camp, three of the Minions are entranced by the girls’ merit badges. Their own attempt at scout camp results in attracting a bear, eating poison berries and eventually blowing up a dam, creating a massive flood. But, when they arrive back home, the girls share their badges, encouraging the rest of the Minions to try their hand at scouting.
*DVD format includes over 75 minutes of bonus content
- Super Gidget – When Max is kidnapped by an army of squirrels, Super Gidget is the only one who can save him. It turns out that Max’s captor is a flea with the power of mind control. Gidget must use her pluckiness, strength and smarts to save her one true love…until it turns out it was all just a dream.
- The Making of the Mini Movies – Every Illumination film is accompanied by mini movies that are a production all their own. Each film’s directing partners will explore how the mini movies were made.
- Deleted Scenes
- Wake Up – Max and Duke have a new morning routine with Liam.
- Duke Explores the Farm – Duke has a funny interaction with a goat.
- Snowball Karate – Snowball does his superhero warm up.
- Secret Confessions – Dogs gather to talk about their deepest secrets
- A Tapestry of a Tail: The Making Of – The plot of The Secret Life of Pets 2 involves multiple storylines ultimately coming together to create a larger than life tale. We talk with the filmmakers, editor and cast about the delicate dance of juggling multiple narratives in one movie.
- How to Draw – Hosted by Head of Story, Eric Favela, follow the step-by-step tutorial to learn to draw Max, Snowball and Chloe
- Frame by Frame: How to Make a Flip Book – In this DIY-style vignette, Head of Story Eric Favela will teach viewers about the essence of animation and how they can create their very own flip book animations at home.
- Character Pods – Get a closer look at your favorite characters of The Secret Life of Pets 2 with these delightful character pods that might just give away a few more pet secrets.
- Patton Oswalt – Max
- Kevin Hart – Snowball
- Eric Stonestreet – Duke
- Jenny Slate – Gidget
- Tiffany Haddish – Daisy
- Lake Bell – Chloe
- Nick Kroll – Sergei
- Dana Carvey – Pops
- Bobby Moynihan – Mel
- Harrison Ford – Rooster
- A Party Fit for a Pet – Using stop motion animation, this step-by-step guide teaches you everything you need to know to throw the very best party for your pet!
- Pops’ Puppy Training School with Kevin Hart – Join Kevin Hart as he shows off his dog training skills.
- Pets Yule Log – Sit back and relax in front of this exclusive The SecretLife of Pets 2 themed animated ‘Yule Log.’
- Lyric Videos
- ‘Panda’ Lyric Video
- ‘It’s Gonna Be A Lovely Day (The Secret Life of Pets 2)’ Lyric Video
EXCLUSIVE TO 4K ULTRA HD & BLU-RAY™
- The Further Adventures of Captain Snowball (Interactive) – This animated ‘Motion Comic’ expands the world of our furry hero, Captain Snowball. Using a ‘superhero’ comic book style and custom animation, we discover more about the secret world of our caped crusader with a little help from our viewers. At key moments in the story, the viewer is presented with a choice: left, or right? Fight or flight? Their choice determines our hero’s next move!
EXCLUSIVE TO 4K ULTRA HD & BLU-RAY™ & DIGITAL
- My Buddy and Me – We interview the Illumination cast and crew talking about The Secret Life of Pets 2 while holding (or trying to hold) their pets.
- Pets with Jobs: A Documentary – We find and profile animals with special jobs – a service dog that detects when its epileptic owner is about to have a seizure; ponies that provide comfort to children with cancer; police dogs that go the extra mile to catch the bad guys. Meet some of the many animals who make the world a better place every day!
- Relax the Cat: The Secret Life of Pets Massage – A professional pet masseuse shows the cast how to read signs of tension in their pet and use massage techniques to keep their furry babies relaxed and happy!
- Production Pets – It takes hundreds of people to make an animated movie and a lot of those people have pets that can’t wait for them to come home. This piece is dedicated to all those faithful companions.
Secret Life of Pets 2 Activities
Make these fun DIY Captain Snowball Ears to wear while watching the movie. Click on the picture to get the full instructions.
Create a Dog Bingo card to play as you follow along with the movie. We used dog biscuits as the markers but feel free to use whatever you want.
Print the coloring and activity sheets to do before, after, or during the movie.