Dad will love these Golf Ball Oreos treat. And with Father’s Day around the corner, this makes a great gift for the golfer dad. I used the dark chocolate melts but any color of the Wilton candy melts will work. To give them as a gift add them in a bakery box (do not stack), tie a piece of twine around the box and attach a golf tee to it. It’s the perfect inexpensive gift kids can make for dad.
Golf Ball Oreos
(Yield: one dozen)
- 12 double stuffed Oreos
- 1 cup Wilton bright white candy melts
- 1 1/2 cups Wilton dark cocoa candy melts
- Golf ball candy mold
- Cookie candy mold
- In a microwave safe bowl, microwave the white candy melts for 45 seconds and stir. Continue to microwave in 12 second intervals until the chocolate is completely melted. Stir after each interval.
- Spoon the melted chocolate into the golf ball molds. Chill for at least 30 minutes.
- In a microwave safe bowl, microwave the dark cocoa candy melts for 45 seconds and stir. Continue to microwave in 12 second intervals until the chocolate is completely melted. Stir after each interval.
- Spoon 2 Tablespoons each of the melted dark cocoa into the bottom of your 6 piece cookie mold.
- Place an Oreo cookie on top of the melted chocolate in each of the 6 molds.
- Spoon the remaining melted dark cocoa melts on top of the Oreo cookies, covering the cookies entirely.
- Chill for at least 30 minutes.
- Line 2 cookie sheets with wax paper.
- Carefully press the cookies out of their molds (they should pop out easily) and place on a cookie sheet.
- Next, carefully press the white chocolate golf balls out of their molds and place on cookie sheet.
- Reheat any left over chocolate and using a small spatula, spread about 1 teaspoon of the chocolate on the bottom of each golf ball.
- Gently press the golf ball down onto the middle of each Oreo cookie. Allow chocolate to harden for 15 minutes before serving.
Store in an airtight container in a single layer (do not stack) and keep up to one month.