Warm up by making this yummy Cheeseburger Soup! It’s easy to make and will be a hit with the family and they won’t even know that some veggies have been sneaked into the recipe.
“PIN IT” by clicking the PIN button on the image above!
Get more RECIPES from ShortCutSaver here!
- 1 lb Ground Beef
- 1 cup chopped Onion
- 1 cup sliced Carrots
- 3/4 cup diced Celery
- 4 cup Potatoes diced
- 1 tsp Basil
- 1 tsp Parsley Flakes
- 4 tbsp Butter
- 3 tsp Chicken Base or 3 cup Chicken Broth
- 1/4 cup Flour
- 8 oz shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 1/2 cup Milk
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp Black Pepper
- Brown the ground beef and drain.
- In a medium to large pan, melt one tablespoon butter saute onion, carrots, parsley flakes, basil and celery until onion is transparent.
- Add the broth, potatoes and beef and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat, cover and simmer about 15 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
- In another skillet melt remaining butter and add the flour. Cook and stir for 5 minutes or until roux is bubbling.
- Add roux to soup and bring to a boil and stir for a couple of minutes.
- Reduce heat to low and add cheese, milk, salt and pepper.
- Cook and stir several minutes until cheese melts.
Nutritional facts are estimates and are provided as a courtesy to the reader. Please utilize your own brand nutritional values to double check against our estimates. Nutritional values are calculated via a third party. Changing ingredients, amounts or cooking technique will alter the estimated nutritional calculations.