This Cajun Cauliflower Rice with Sausage is so simple and satisfying with the perfect amount of spice and flavor!
Every now and then I crave spicy food and this dirty rice made with riced cauliflower and sausage fulfills those cravings. I got this recipe idea from my cajun sausage with pasta recipe but wanted to make this one low carb. Using cauliflower rice in place of starchy carbs is a great idea to help reduce your carb intake. This meal comes in at 4 net carbs per serving and is very filling. Enjoy!
How Many Carbs does Cauliflower Rice have?
Surprisingly, cauliflower rice is lower in carbs than you think. It has about 3 net carbs per one cup serving. That is a huge savings of carbs for the day compared to regular rice and a great substitute when following a low carb diet.
Other Variations to Try
- Replace the sausage with grilled garlic shrimp.
- Serve over zoodles instead of cauliflower rice.
- Use ground beef instead of sausage.
- Add chicken with sausage.
- Use regular sausage and leave out the cajun seasoning to make it not spicy.
More Low Carb Recipe Favorites
- Chicken Thighs in Spinach Mustard Cream Sauce – This Chicken Thighs recipe smothered in Spinach Mustard Cream Sauce is heavenly and ready in 20 minutes!
- Low Carb Creamy Spinach & Mushroom Chicken – This Low Carb Creamy Spinach & Mushroom Chicken is creamy, rich in flavor and leaves you feeling satisfied.
- Bacon Mushroom Pork Chops – Everything is better with bacon and this creamy bacon mushroom sauce over pork chops is the most delicious dinner ever. This meal is keto friendly coming in at 5 net carbs per serving.
If you want more recipes, join us on Facebook in our group where we post keto and low carb recipes all day!
Cajun Cauliflower Rice with Sausage Ingredients
- Frozen cauliflower rice
- Cajun Sausage cut into 1/2 in rounds
- Red bell pepper, diced
- Green bell pepper, diced
- Small onion, diced
- Avocado or olive oil
- Cajun seasoning
- Minced garlic
- Green onions, sliced
How to Make Cajun Cauliflower Rice with Sausage
In a large pan, heat oil over medium heat and sauté the bell peppers, garlic and diced onions until they begin to soften.
Add in the cajun sliced sausage and continue to cook for a few minutes or until the sausage starts to brown.
Add in the frozen cauliflower rice and cajun seasoning to the pan. Mix well and cook until the cauliflower rice is warm and heated all the way through. Enjoy!
- 2 bags of frozen cauliflower rice (10 oz)
- 1 package Cajun Sausage (13 oz) cut into 1/2 in rounds
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 1 small onion, diced
- 2 tbsp avocado or olive oil
- 2 tbsp Cajun seasoning
- 2 tbsp minced garlic
- Green onions, sliced
- In a large pan, heat oil over medium heat and sauté the bell peppers, garlic and diced onions until they begin to soften. Add in the cajun sliced sausage and continue to cook for a few minutes or until the sausage starts to brown.
- Add in the frozen cauliflower rice and cajun seasoning to the pan. Mix well and cook until the cauliflower rice is warm and heated all the way through. Enjoy!
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 53Total Fat: 3gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 1096mgCarbohydrates: 6gNet Carbohydrates: 4gFiber: 2gSugar: 2gProtein: 1g