This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #GrillNGear #CollectiveBias
Grilling tends to happen more often in the summer with friends and family. With the nice weather and sun shining is always makes the perfect excuse to get outside. And it seems like food tastes better in the summer on the grill. You get that enhancement of flavor with a variation of protein, veggies, and more.
A great place to get the food and drinks you need for grilling is at Giant Eagle. You will find the freshest meat, great prices, and a large variety of items to choose from. For instance, a recent cookout we had consisted of the following items from Giant Eagle: Certified Angus Beef Gourmet Burgers – Bacon Cheddar Patty, Pure Leaf, Izze Fusions, Pepperidge Farm Farmhouse Dark Chocolate Chip Cookies, and Breyer’s Chocolate Chip Ice Cream. Talk about satisfying!
In the summer we try to be good to ourselves when we can to keep feeling good about our self during bathing suit season. One think I like to do is skip the bread whenever possible. Have you ever tried a lettuce wrapped burger? How about a bacon cheddar burger wrapped in lettuce? It is simply amazing even without the bun so I decided to share how to make it.
Bacon Cheeseburger Lettuce Wrap
- Iceberg lettuce
- Certified Angus Beef Gourmet Burgers – Bacon Cheddar Patty
- Condiments optional
- Heat up the grill on medium heat.
- While waiting for the grill to heat up cook the bacon and slice up the tomato.
- Place the patties on grill and cook until your liking.
- Place a slice of cheese on top of the almost cooked burger on the grill (about the last few minutes).
- Take the burgers off of the grill and onto a plate.
- Peel a 2-4 large pieces of lettuce off and clean.
- Dry or shake off the water of each piece of lettuce and place each burger on top of the lettuce.
- Add your toppings such as tomato, bacon, and condiments before adding the top piece of lettuce.
- Add the last pieces of lettuce to the top creating a bun and enjoy.
What’s a cookout without dessert? You gotta try making this ice cream sandwich using Pepperidge Farm Farmhouse Dark Chocolate Chip Cookies, and Breyer’s Chocolate Chip Ice Cream. It is so amazing and easy to make. Just take out 2 cookies and add a large scoop of ice cream to the flat side of one cookie. Then, add the second cookie on top of the ice cream (flat side down) and eat. That’s it!
So next time you grill out you have an easy-peezy meal to create for your friends and family. Have a wonderful summer!