The reviewer has been compensated in the form of a Best Buy Gift Card and/or received the product/service at a reduced price or for free.
Summer never sounded so good when you blast the Ultimate Ears MEGABLAST and BLAST Portable Speakers from Best Buy at your party. There’s nothing more than I love than listening to music while talking with friends and family or just lounging around the pool all day. Summer is my absolute favorite season and you can catch us outside just about every day cranking up the volume.
So you may be wondering which one you should choose for your ultimate summer party. While the Ultimate Ears MEGABLAST and BLAST Portable Speakers are both amazing there is a difference between the two along with some new updates. The features are fantastic but the sound coming for a small portable device will blow you mind. Neighbors shall be warned!!
- Ultimate Ears most powerful speaker with clarity and deep, heart-pounding bass, brings music to life.
- Hands-free Amazon Alexa built-in with the ability to ask Alexa to blast tunes, discover new music, crank the volume, find new restaurants.
- Bluetooth and Wi-Fi capable can get a Wi-Fi connection range for the speaker is 330′. Bluetooth range is 150ft.
- Rechargeable battery with up to 16 hours with a large built-in battery. Play and charge the speaker simultaneously using the optional cradle or included wall charger.
- Blasting 360° intensely rich sound with clarity and deep, heart-pounding bass, brings music to life.
- Water-resistant and dustproof design IP67 rated speaker can be immersed in liquid up to 1m for up to 30 minutes.
- Two 35mm active drivers alongside with two 81mm x 39mm passive radiators provide crisp and clear sound.
- Multiple microphones with beamforming technology and noise cancellation enable a smooth far-field voice recognition and control experience.
New updates for MEGABLAST and BLAST portable speakers
- Enhanced controls on the Ultimate Ears app: You can now control volume remotely from the app, which is especially useful if you have your music cranked up loud and want to use Alexa. You can also check battery status in two ways – either through the app or right from the speaker by pressing the “+/-” volume buttons simultaneously. Starting in May, you can personalize your sound for any artist or music genre with the custom equalizer (EQ).
- Voice control on Spotify and more (coming soon): Just ask “Alexa, play my Discover Weekly” or any music from Spotify on MEGABLAST and BLAST. Spotify will soon join other Amazon Alexa supported music services such as Amazon Music, Deezer and TuneIn globally; and Pandora, iHeartRadio, and SiriusXM in the U.S. — use your voice to control music from these streaming services over Wi-Fi. On Bluetooth, you can enjoy music from any of your favorite music services.
- A better way to listen with Spotify Connect (coming soon): MEGABLAST and BLAST will be the first Ultimate Ears speakers to integrate Spotify Connect. When on Wi-Fi, open the Spotify app on your phone and play music directly to our speakers (under “Devices Available”) without the need to pair through Bluetooth. Music fans can also stream the highest quality sound possible from Spotify. With Spotify Connect, text message or make calls without interrupting the music and save your phone’s battery.
- New grouping experience for smart speakers (coming soon): You can group up to eight MEGABLAST and BLAST speakers on Bluetooth and Wi-Fi. Stereo mode is supported when you connect two MEGABLAST or BLAST speakers. Optimized to take advantage of the speakers’ built-in Wi-Fi capability, you will experience greater range for grouped speakers and improved connection reliability. Grouping is expected to be available later this year.
You must check out the Ultimate Ears MEGABLAST and BLAST Portable Speakers for yourself by visiting your local Best Buy store or online at BestBuy.com to see what they can do.