Tips and Recipes for Healthy Skin
Cleanliness and maintenance of the skin can keep the skin healthy and maintaining a healthy skin does not always require costly cosmetics or prescribed medicines from a skin specialist. You can have healthy skin at home with these simple tricks.
- Drink lots of water.
- Get at least 8 hours of sleep.
- Moisturize you face morning and night followed with an eye cream.
- A proper balanced diet with regular intake of citrus fruits and small quantity of dry fruits helps in preventing aging and wrinkles on the skin.
- Eat Salmon a few times a week will make your skin look more even and radiant.
- At least 30 minutes of exercise and light yoga also helps in developing radiance of the skin.
- Lightly exfoliate the skin once a week to remove dead skin cells.
- Remove your makeup each night.
- Take Vitamins especially Vitamin D to improve your skin.
Homemade Recipes for Beautiful Skin
Deep Cleansing Scrub
Mix tomato paste and wheat powder together until it forms a paste. Apply it on your skin and give a gentle massage in a circular motion using your finger tips for 2 minutes. Rinse of the paste and blot your face dry with a towel. Apply a face and eye cream.
Homemade Aloe Vera Moisturizer
Regular applying of aloe vera on the skin also helps in skin nourishment. It also works as a natural moisturizer, reduce redness, and can help eczema.
– 1/2 cup purified water
– 3 drops rose essential oil
– 3 drops rosemary essential oil
– 3 drops chamomile essential oil
– 2 tablespoons aloe vera gel
– 1/8 cup witch hazel
Mix ingredients together and put in a spray bottle. Shake well and spray it over your face and let it soak in. Use this every morning as a toner and apply your moisturizer after it has soaked in.
Orange Peel Powder
Orange peels can be dried and powdered and applied with milk on face and neck which acts as a cleansing agent for all types of skin.
- Wash and dry 3-4 oranges.
- Cut off the peels and put on a pan for 4-5 in the sun letting them completely dry out.
- Once dried put all the orange peel in a food processor (about 40 seconds) and grind them up into a fine powder.
- Put in a airtight container and use within 3 months.
To apply as a mask, mix 2 tablespoons of milk to 1 tablespoon of Orange Peel Powder until it forms a paste. Apply it to your face with a brush (makeup or paint brush) and let it set on your face. When dried rinse off and blot face dry. You can do this once a week for healthy looking skin.
Homemade tricks for healthy skin are generally cost-effective and useful. The most important thing is that they do not have side effects on the skin texture. It’s not that today’s cosmetics and all medicines are not working but they work but for a very short period of time. These homemade tricks maintain the skin and also avoid the aging process. Cosmetics generally have chemical composition which may or may not suit for all types of skin. With homemade recipes you are sure to give your skin the best it needs to look healthy and radiant.