This shop has been compensated by Inmar, Inc. and Ortho Dermatologics. I am working with the makers of DUOBRII in 2020. All opinions are mine alone. #ad #TryDUOBRII #DUOBRII
Living with Plaque Psoriasis and Getting Treatment
Having plaque psoriasis can be hard to deal with as it causes embarrassment, itchy skin and frustration. My adult daughter was recently diagnosed with it and as we are all new to this, we’ve been doing a lot of research on treatments. Knowing that there are ways to treat it can give you a boost of confidence while making your skin look and feel better. I’ve researched several treatment options.
Topicals are probably the more common treatment for Plaque Psoriasis and usually the first way to treat it. Personally, I think this is the easiest way to help with Plaque Psoriasis, but you can talk to your doctor about the best option for you.
One product that we’ve been researching is DUOBRII® (halobetasol propionate and tazarotene) Lotion, 0.01%/0.045% from Ortho Dermatologics. It’s a steroid and retinoid in one lotion that is long lasting and is shown to start clearing skin quickly (individual results may vary). While gathering information we found that these were some beneficial features of DUOBRII Lotion.
- Keeps working up to a month after use.
- Over 40% of people that used it saw clearer skin in 8 weeks.
- You only need to apply it once a day.
- Hydrates your skin with no greasy residue.
- Low number of side effects.
- Cost is affordable at $0-$25 depending on your health insurance.
DUOBRII Lotion should not be used during pregnancy. Individual results may vary. Available by prescription only.
We have researched other treatments such as light therapy, oral medications and self care but weren’t as comfortable with those options. Instead I am encouraging my daughter to talk to our healthcare provider about DUOBRII Lotion.
She is already hearing great things about it and feels it may be the best option for her.
If you or a loved one have been suffering from plaque psoriasis, start by visiting duobrii.com where you can find helpful information such as what to ask your doctor, resources, and more.
What is DUOBRII® Lotion?
DUOBRII (halobetasol propionate and tazarotene) Lotion, 0.01%/0.045%, is a prescription medicine used on the skin (topical) to treat adults with plaque psoriasis. It is not known if DUOBRII Lotion is safe and effective in children.
Important Safety Information
- DUOBRII Lotion is for use on the skin only; do not use it in your mouth, eyes, or vagina.
What is the most important Information I should know about DUOBRII Lotion? DUOBRII Lotion may cause birth defects if used during pregnancy.
A negative pregnancy test must be obtained before females of child-bearing age start using DUOBRII Lotion and they must use effective birth control during treatment. Begin treatment during a normal menstrual period.
Stop using DUOBRII Lotion and tell your healthcare provider right away if you become pregnant while using DUOBRII Lotion.
Before you use DUOBRII Lotion, tell your healthcare provider if you:
- have eczema or any other skin problems, including skin infections, which may need to be treated before using DUOBRII.
- have diabetes, adrenal gland problems or liver problems.
- are breastfeeding or plan to breastfeed. If you use DUOBRII and breastfeed, do not apply DUOBRII to your nipple area.
Tell your healthcare provider about all the medicines you take, including prescription and over-the-counter medicines, vitamins, and herbal supplements.
· Especially tell your healthcare provider if you take corticosteroids by mouth or injection or use other skin products that contain corticosteroids.
- Ask your healthcare provider for a list of medicines that may make your skin more sensitive to sunlight.
What should I avoid during treatment with DUOBRII?
- To avoid a severe sunburn, avoid sunlight, including sunlamps and tanning beds, as much as possible, and use sunscreen, protective clothing and a hat while in sunlight. Talk to your healthcare provider if you get sunburn, and do not use DUOBRII Lotion until your sunburn is healed.
- Avoid using DUOBRII on skin with eczema because it may cause severe irritation.
DUOBRII may cause side effects, including:
- If too much DUOBRII passes through your skin it can cause adrenal glands to stop working
- Cushing’s syndrome, a condition from too much exposure to the hormone cortisol
- High blood sugar (hyperglycemia)
· Effects of growth and weight in children
- Skin irritation. If you get too much skin irritation at the site of application, your healthcare provider may tell you to interrupt or stop using DUOBRII or to use it less often.
- Vision problems, including an increased chance of developing cataracts and glaucoma. Tell your healthcare provider about any vision problems during treatment.
The most common side effects of DUOBRII Lotion include: redness, itching, swelling, burning, stinging, application site pain, inflamed hair follicles (folliculitis), thinning of the skin (atrophy), peeling and rash.
To report SUSPECTED ADVERSE REACTIONS, contact Ortho Dermatologics at 1-800-321-4576 or FDA at 1-800-FDA-1088 or visit www.fda.gov/medwatch.
Please click here for full Prescribing Information, including Patient Information.