Have you ever had that pinch me moment? I’m having one now because in just a few short days I’m heading to LA for the #WrinkleInTimeEvent February 24th -27th. This is a dream come true because meeting Oprah has been on my bucket list and I will be able to cross that off when I interview her along with other amazing talents while I’m there. Find out what we are going to do with the itinerary below.
I will also be posting all the details on my social media channels and Insta Stories so if you’re not following me, now is the time to do so. Follow along on my journey on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
Saturday, February 24
- Arrive in LA
- Screen A Wrinkle in Time
From visionary director Ava DuVernay comes Disney’s “A Wrinkle in Time,” an epic adventure based on
Madeleine L’Engle’s timeless classic which takes audiences across dimensions of time and space,
examining the nature of darkness versus light and, ultimately, the triumph of love. Through one girl’s
transformative journey led by three celestial guides, we discover that strength comes from embracing
one’s individuality and that the best way to triumph over fear is to travel by one’s own light.
A WRINKLE IN TIME opens in theaters everywhere on March 9, 2018!
Sunday, February 25
Press Junket for A Wrinkle in Time with Group Interviews for the following talent.
- Oprah Winfrey (“Mrs. Which”), Reese Witherspoon (“Mrs. Whatsit”) & Mindy Kaling (“Mrs. Who”)
- Storm Reid (“Meg Murry”)
- Gugu Mbatha-Raw (“Dr. Kate Murry”)
- Rowan Blanchard (“Veronica”), Levi Miller (“Calvin”) & Deric McCabe (“Charles Wallace Murry”)
- Director Ava DuVernay
- Screenwriter Jennifer Lee (Jennifer is also the Oscar winning Director of FROZEN and the writer of the upcoming FROZEN on Broadway)
- Bellamy Young (“Camazotz Mom” in A WRINKLE IN TIME and “Mellie Grant” in “Scandal”)
Monday, February 26
- Screen the first 3 episodes of “Splitting Up Together”
- Q & A and photos with Oliver Hudson (“Martin”), Lindsay Price (“Camille”) and Executive Producer/Showrunner Emily Kapnek
Lena and Martin were once madly in love. But, like many marriages, time and circumstance eventually took their toll, and they decide that everyone’s lives would be better if they got a divorce. Facing a daunting real estate market, the couple decide not to sell their house and to “Bird Nest” instead. The ‘on-duty’ parent will live in the house while the ‘off-duty’ parent will live in the detached garage. As Lena begins to dip her toes into the dating waters, Martin begins to see his own culpability in his marriage falling apart.
Splitting Up Together premieres March 27 at 9:30|8:30c on ABC.
- Screen the first episode of “Deception”
- Q&A and photos with Creator and Executive Producer Chris Fedak & Co-Producer David Kwong
When his career is ruined by scandal, superstar magician Cameron Black has only one place to turn to practice his art of deception, influence and illusion – the FBI. Using every trick in the book and inventing new ones, he will help the government catch the world’s most elusive criminals while staging the biggest illusions of his career.
Deception premieres March 11 at 10|9c on ABC.
- Group interview with A WRINKLE IN TIME Costume Designer Paco Delgado
- Lunch and Shopping on the Disney Lot
- Red carpet premiere of A WRINKLE IN TIME
- Premiere Screening of A WRINKLE IN TIME
- Premiere party for A WRINKLE IN TIME
Tuesday, February 27
- Screen the first episode of “For The People”
- Q&A and photos with Jasmin Savoy Brown (“Allison Adams”), Susannah Flood (“Kate Littlejohn”) and Wesam Keesh (“Jay Simmons”)
Six talented young lawyers work on opposite sides of the law handling the most high-profile and high-stakes federal cases in the country. In the new Shondaland series show, these young lawyers will be put to the test both personally and professionally as their lives intersect in and out of America’s most prestigious trial court, a.k.a. “The Mother Court.”
For The People premieres Tuesday, March 13th at 10|9c on ABC.
- Screen the first two episodes of “Alex, Inc.”
- Q&A and photos with Zach Braff (“Alex Schuman”) and Tiya Sircar (“Rooni Shuman”) and Executive Producer Matt Tarses
Based on Alex Blumberg’s successful podcast “StartUp,” comedy series Alex, Inc. is all about the things that happen – the good, the bad and the ugly – when a journalist and family man quits his job to start his own company. He quickly discovers it’s going to be a lot harder than he thought.
Alex, Inc. premieres Wednesday, March 28 at 8:30|7:30c on ABC.
What questions do you have for the talent? Leave them in the comments below and I’ll ask them.
Be sure to follow along February 24 -27 using the following hashtags.