If you’re looking for a new series to watch, Call Your Mother on ABC is the one to watch. It’s the comedy we all need right now during these trying times.
Yesterday I had the chance to watch the newest episode and talked with the cast afterwards. I laughed so much and could totally relate to some of the characters such as Celia (being a social influencer) and Jean (the mom). The cast was also great to talk to and so down to earth. Here’s what happened at the premiere event last night.
Favorite Call Your Mother Lines
- “I have to livestream oat milk.” – Celia
- “Is that my phone email or iPad email?” – Jean
- “I’m not going to explain the internet to you again.” – Jackie
What the Cast Hopes Everyone Gets Out of the Show
- The producer Kari Lizer, hopes that everyone will find the show funny, bring a smile to your face and make you laugh. People lost connection during the pandemic. This is a show where people find each other again and even new connections.
- Emma (Celia) says that this show brought her joy and hopes anyone watching it will feel that. There is a lot of darkness and uncertainty so all we can do is laugh during these times.
- “There is a character for every type of person that watches. Fills your energy and your space and let me call my mom.” – Austin Crute
Secrets of the Show
- The creator of the show, Kari Lizer chose Iowa because she loves it there. Her son worked in Iowa and there are nice people in Iowa and seemed like a good place to come from rather than LA.
- Joey Bragg (Freddie) didn’t know who Kyra Sedgwick was when he was casted for the show and had to have his mom had to explain to him who she was.
- Ripper the dog’s real name is Orbit and he is just an actor. Although all of the characters love him and says he brings great therapy for all to the set he is not a therapy dog.
Love Interests Throughout the Show?
- Jackie will go through several love interests.
- Freddie will be pretty established with his relationship with Celia.
- There will be some relationship complications to answer throughout the series.
- Jean and Danny will go through some difficulties with their relationship and an ex may step in.
Be sure to check out “Call Your Mother” premiering on Wednesday, January 13th at 9:30pm ET/PT on ABC!
About Call Your Mother Show
From the creator of “The New Adventures of Old Christine,” “Call Your Mother” follows Jean, an empty-nester mom, who wonders how she ended up alone while her children live their best lives thousands of miles away. She decides her place is with her family, and as she reinserts herself into their lives, her kids realize they might actually need her more than they thought.