As I get older I become more of a homebody. And when the weather is warm I live outdoors. About 10 years ago we put in a paver patio on the side of our house. After we put the patio furniture, grill, etc. on the paver patio it became smaller. The last few years we added on to the paver patio making it big enough to add a fire pit.
We just made the patio basic since we were building it on a budget and it seems just fine for the time being. Someday I would like to create an Oasis with the space we have and have many ideas of what I would like.
Here is what our outdoor oasis currently looks like.
Ideas to Create my Dream Oasis:
- Casual Patio Seating Set
- Outdoor Lighting
- Outdoor Rug
- Outdoor Decor
- Ceiling Fan on the Pergola
- Fire pit
- Gas Grill
- Deck to the patio
While these are just ideas for my dream Oasis, it’s possible they may come true over time. I know I will be purchasing some more plants to add some color and greenery in the area to spruce it up. New patio furniture is what we have been talking about also and I would love to change it to more of a seating area than the patio set we currently have.
Sears Outdoor Living and celebrity designer Ty Pennington have teamed up to offer 7 secrets to the art of creating the perfect outdoor oasis.
Ty Pennington’s 7 Secrets to Creating an Outdoor Oasis:
1. Build your base, add over time – After envisioning your dream outdoor space, you can purchase an entire patio collection at once or build it over time, depending on your entertaining needs. Fortunately, the Ty Pennington Style Parkside Collection encompasses 20 matching outdoor necessities – from a loveseat and ottoman to a dining table, umbrella and even a resin wicker swing. It allows you to make additions to your set on your own time. The collection is now available in three colors for custom personalization.
2. Get to grilling – Whether you’re a novice griller or a seasoned outdoor pro, Sears has the grills to match your space and skillset. With 40,000 BTUs of power, a side burner and two large wheels for easy maneuvering, the Kenmore 4 Burner Gas Grill with stainless steel lid is ideal of the beginning griller. If cooking for a crowd is more your style, consider the Kenmore Elite® 600 Series 4 Burner Gas Grill. With 694 square inches of total cooking area, 64,000 BTUs of power, and a cast iron side burner to cook side dishes and sauces, it’s the ideal grill for the avid entertainer.
3. Welcome small spaces – Think your condo balcony or ocean-side deck is too small for outdoor entertaining? Think again. For an intimate yet eclectic look and feel, consider the extensive line of bistro and bar sets available at Sears. They are easily customizable and ideal for dining for two.
4. Go green and add some color – Nothing dresses up a patio faster than plants and flowers. Many planters at Sears coordinate with our patio collections. Refresh your patio with colorful rugs, pillows and cushions. In addition, a strategically-placed patio umbrella can do more than just block the sun – it can define your entire outdoor space. After all, summer parties should create a relaxed vibe.
5. Make your move, weigh your priorities – Summer is moving season. Whether you’re moving from the city to the suburbs or from a single-family home to a condo in the city, match your outdoor entertaining to the space you have. If moving to a market with extreme climates, invest in durable furniture that can stand up to the environment. Consider patio furniture with a rust-resistant steel frame, UV-resistant fabric and an all-weather resin weave like the La-Z-Boy Charlotte 4 pc. Seating Set available at Sears. This set will accommodate your guests comfortably while upholding inclement weather for years to come.
6. Dine with family and friends – Party hosts know the frustration of carrying food back and forth between the kitchen and the backyard. Fortunately, the Kenmore 5-Burner Island Gas Grill with Refrigerator takes elements from the kitchen to the great outdoors. With a side searing burner, a storage cabinet, two storage drawers and a built-in refrigerator, hosts can focus on the food and their guests with fewer trips to the kitchen.
7. Consider your climate – The most popular patio sets on the market are made with either aluminum or steel. Steel is heavier than aluminum but can rust over time. Aluminum is naturally rustproof and generally requires less maintenance. For added protection, make sure your patio set has a heavy duty powder-coated frame if you choose steel.
Throughout the spring and summer seasons, Sears will offer a great selection of outdoor living collections and grills, including collections from Ty Pennington Style, Grand Resort, La-Z-Boy Outdoor, Kenmore and Kenmore Elite.
Want to create your own dream patio?
Become a Shop Your Way member for FREE and enter for your chance to win the Sears Patio Sweeps at ShopYourWay.com/SearsPatioSweep a chance to win 1.5 million Shop Your Way points to bring your outdoor oasis to life.
Visit Sears.com/outdoorliving to find more tips on grilling and outdoor entertaining.
Disclosure: This is a sponsored post for Sears. All opinions are 100% mine and not influenced in any way.