How to Save Money Buying Tires
Automobile owners know how expensive it can become when it comes to car maintenance. If you happen to live in an area that has different temperatures and seasons, you know that you dread the time when you have to purchase new tires for your vehicle. Here are some tips on how to save money buying tires.
Tips on How to Save Money Buying Tires
1. Compare Prices– Do not buy tires from the first automotive place that comes to mind. Save yourself some money by comparing tire brands and their cost from various tire dealers.
2. Negotiate the Price– If you are thinking about purchasing tires from a private business such as an auto mechanic shop, remember to negotiate the price. More often than not, their prices have been marked up from what they have paid for them. Chances are they will take you up on your offer if it is reasonable. It will give them a chance to clear some stock.
3. Check out the Warranty– Before making tire purchases, make sure that you read up on what type of warranty the purchase covers. Tire warranties usually cover so many miles and/or months.
4. Buy in Bulk– Purchase your tires in bulk in order to save money. This means to purchase four new tires at once as opposed to purchasing a single tire. Some tire suppliers offer a buy three get one free deal. And before making your purchase, check to see if this sort of deal is cost-effective for you.
5. Purchase Tires at the End of the Season– If you are in need of new winter tires, for example, don’t wait until the treads are bare. Purchasing them at the end of the winter will save you some money as automotive stores and other places that sell tires will often have sales in order to clear their existing stock to make room for the upcoming season.