Disclosure: I was provided with PEEPS & COMPANY® products featured in this post. All opinions are 100% mine and not influenced in any way.
It’s almost time to celebrate Easter and we are kicking it off with a Triple Chocolate Easter cake that is filled with chocolate goodness, egg candies, and marshmallow PEEPS® of course.
Can you believe it is almost time for Easter? Not only is Easter filled with egg hunts, delicious food and treat but also filled with PEEPS®. It’s no doubt that you will spot a variety of PEEPS® in the stores this time of year as they are perfect for a yummy treat, use in a recipe, or fill an Easter basket. And there is not just one kind or flavor, there are many to choose from such as orange, watermelon, chocolate and more. Everyone can love PEEPS® this time of year!
Not only am I filling my kids Easter baskets with PEEPS® but decided to make a chocolate cake with them. This is a perfect dessert to eat after Easter dinner for the whole family to enjoy. Making it is more simple than you think.
Triple Chocolate Easter Cake
- Triple chocolate boxed cake mix
- eggs (per box directions)
- vegetable oil (per box directions)
- water (per box directions)
- Chocolate frosting
- Egg-shaped candies
- Preheat oven according to boxed cake mix directions.
- Combine ingredients and mix with a mixer for 2 minutes.
- Using 2 round cake pans, pour the batter into each one.
- Bake both cakes per box directions.
- Allow cake to cool.
- Carefully take each cake out of the pans.
- Flip one over so the rounded side in on the bottom and flatter side is on top.
- Apply a layer of frosting on to the flat side of the cake.
- Then, take the second cake and apply the flat side to the other cake so both flat sides are stuck together with the frosting.
- Cut about a 1/2 inch deep circle on top of the cake and take out the cut piece.
- Frost the entire cake leaving the circle alone.
- Fill the circle with egg-shaped candies.
- Add some PEEPS® into the circle on top of the eggs.
Note: You can make it more realistic to a birds nest by using a thicker frosting and criss-crossing lines around the cake making it look like twigs.
With Easter just a hop away, PEEPS & COMPANY® would love to help you fill your baskets with more than just eggs! Whether you’re searching for the perfect bunch of jelly beans, or chocolate covered chicks, we’ve got you covered. Check out this variety of goodies from PEEPS® and MIKE AND IKE®.
• 5-inch PEEPS® Plush
• PEEPS® earbuds
• PEEPS® luggage tag
• PEEPS® Orange Delight Flavored Marshmallow Dipped in Orange Fudge
• PEEPS® Marshmallow Chicks
• PEEPS® Marshmallow Bunnies
• PEEPS® Decorated Eggs
• PEEPS® Party Cake Flavored Marshmallow Chicks
• PEEPS® Sour Watermelon Flavored Marshmallow Chicks
• PEEPS® Chocolate Dipped Mousse Flavored Marshmallow Chicks
• PEEPS® Chocolate Covered Marshmallow Chicks
• PEEPS® Rainbow Pop
• MIKE AND IKE® Easter Treats
• MIKE AND IKE® Jellybeans
• HOT TAMALES® Jellybeans
Now thru April 15th, 2016, you can save 20% off your PEEPS & COMPANY® purchase, no minimum required. Visit the PEEPS & COMPANY® website and use the promo code: EASTERTREATS at the check out to get your discount.
It’s A Giveaway!
PEEPS & COMPANY® would like to give a reader a chance to win a PEEPS® Easter prize pack. All you have to do is enter by using the form below. Giveaway is open to U.S. residents only and ends 3/24. One winner will be notified by email. Good Luck!