You can have a part of Disney in your house with these Mickey Mouse Acorn Bites. They are a fun treat to have and easy to make with the kids. Even great for a Disney Birthday celebration or a fun way to surprise the little one with a trip to the mouse’s house.
Mickey Mouse Acorn Bites
- 6 cups Rice Krispies Cereal
- 3 tbs salted butter
- 4 cups mini marshmallows
- Tootsie roll candy
- M&M’s candy
- Chocolate (I used a Hershey Kiss)
- Ziploc bag
- Coat the bottom and sides of an 8×13 inch baking pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- Melt 3 tbs butter in a large saucepan.
- Add 4 cups mini marshmallows and stir constantly until melted.
- Remove from heat.
- Add 6 cups rice krispies cereal to the marshmallow mixture and stir until all the cereal is coated.
- Turn that mixture out into your baking pan.
– From your pan of treats, pinch off a small amount of cereal and roll it in the palm of your hand until you have an acorn shape.
– Unwrap one tootsie roll and cut off a small piece to form your acorn stem.
– Place the remainder of the tootsie roll candy on a flat surface and use the bottom of a glass to flatten it into a perfect circle.
– Place the circular tootsie roll onto the top of your cereal acorn to form the cap.
– Use a sharp knife to poke a hole in the center of the circle and insert your acorn stem.
– Place your chocolate inside a Ziploc bag and microwave until just melted.
– Cut the corner of the bag off and set aside.
– Place two M&M ears on each side of your acorn’s tootsie roll cap and press down until an indentation forms.
– Pipe your melted chocolate into the two indentations and affix your M&M candy ears.
– Place your acorn treat upright to allow the chocolate to cool. This will act like a glue to keep the ears attached. I used an empty ice cube tray for this.
– Repeat for as many acorn treats as you’d like.