I was challenged by Good Cook to come up with a creation with using one or more of the products in the picture below. This was a challenge to me because I had so many creations I wanted to make and could make with just the 5 products they sent me. I actually made 3 creations and my hubby helped me choose this one as the one to present out of all 3.
Cupcakes are always a huge hit anytime and anywhere. But I had to think of how I could make it somewhat different. Since Christmas is coming up I wanted to make a holiday cupcake with a star topper. I used the regular the cupcake liners and the cookie scooper to put the cake mix into the liners.
Starry Night Cupcakes
1 cup white sugar
1/2 cup butter
2 egg whites
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 3/4 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 cup milk
1 Sugar cookie Pouch mix
1 Small star cookie cutter
Cookie Scooper (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 Degrees.
- Add cupcake liners to cupcake pan.
- Begin mixing sugar and butter, then add each egg white.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and mix until smooth.
- Fill cupcake liners halfway with batter.
- Bake for about 20-25 minutes (depending on your oven).
- Mix your cookies as directed on the package.
- Roll out the dough and cut out some small star cookies. (use flour if needed)
- Put them in the oven but watch them carefully as they are small and can burn fast.
- Let cupcakes and cookies cool.
- Frost cupcakes and star cookies.
- Add silver sprinkles to the tops of the cupcakes.
- Add a silver ball to the tips of the star points.
- Place the star on top of the cupcake for a cupcake topper.
You can find all of these products at GookCook.com to make your own creation.
Disclosure: I was given the product featured in this post to facilitate my review. All opinions are 100% mine and not influenced in any way.