This Crunchy French Toast recipe is just like the way my grandmother made me when I was a kid. Adding the raspberry whipped topping gives it hint of fruit flavorful for a hearty breakfast. This recipe also makes a great Valentine’s Day breakfast for anyone special.
Crunchy French Toast with Raspberry Whip
Yield: 3 (or 6 slices)
- 3 Eggs
- ¾ Cup Organic Valley Half & Half
- 1 Tbsp. Maple Syrup
- 1 Tsp. Vanilla Extract
- ½ Tsp. Cinnamon
- 6 Slices French Brioche Bread
- 2 Cups Nature’s Path Organic Sunrise Crunchy Maple Cereal
- 4 Tbsp. Butter
- ¼ Cup Frozen Earthbound Farm Organic Red Raspberries
- 1 Cup Whipped Topping
- 1 Tbsp. Sugar
1. Using a blender (I recommend NutriBullet), combine frozen raspberries, whipped topping, and sugar. Blend for approximately 20 seconds. Set aside.
2. Whisk together eggs, half & half, maple syrup, vanilla extract, and cinnamon in medium mixing bowl.
3. Heat pan on stovetop burner at medium heat.
4. Add cereal to large plate. Using a potato masher, crunch cereal into tiny pieces.
5. Add 1 tbsp. butter to pan.
6. One slice at a time, dip French brioche bread into mixture. Ensure both sides are covered.
7. Cover both sides of French brioche bread with crunched cereal.
8. Cook each slice on stovetop for approximately 4 minutes on each side.
9. Remove from heat. Add raspberry whip to each slice. Optional: garnish with fresh raspberries. Serve and enjoy!