I love-making this Chicken Bacon Ranch Tater Tot Casserole recipe for my family especially on busy night where I don’t have a ton of time to cook. Usually I will cook and shred the chicken a day or 2 before I make the casserole to help save time. Of if you cooked too much chicken from a meal the night before you can save it for this casserole. It is one of my family’s favorite dish to eat and usually no leftovers. It’s so easy to make that you can’t go wrong with this dish.
Chicken Bacon Ranch Tater Tot Casserole
- 6 slices of cooked bacon or you can use microwave bacon
- 4 cooked and shredded chicken breasts
- 32 oz. bag of frozen tater tots
- 1/2 cup ranch dressing
- 1 cup milk
- 2 tbsp all-purpose flour
- 3 tbsp butter
- 1 1/2 cups shredded mild cheddar cheese
- salt & pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Cook chicken in a separate pan until done.
- Let chicken cool a few minutes and shred with a mixer.
- Using a small saucepan, melt butter on low heat, whisk in flour and add salt and pepper to taste.
- Whisk the milk in the saucepan mixture slowly pouring a little bit at a time. Mix until you get a creamy consistency and add in ranch dressing and mix.
- Spray a 9×13 baking dish and add a layer of chicken, then sauce, then half of cheese, then tater tots and cook for 20 minutes uncovered.
- Crumble cooked bacon while waiting for the casserole to cook and set aside.
- Make sure the potatoes are a golden color and crispy and then top the casserole with the remaining cheese and crumbled bacon.
- Bake for another 5 minutes or until cheese is melted and bubbly.
- Take out of the oven and let cool for a few minutes and then enjoy!
Tip: Prepare the chicken the night before to save time.