This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #SummerOfGrilling #CollectiveBias
This summer is all about grilling and Giant Eagle has everything you need to do so as they are the go-to grilling Headquarters. They make it easy to find what you need such as meats, fruit, veggies, sides, condiments, Blue Rhino Propane, and more. There is no need to go anyone else as Giant Eagle has it all under one roof for those summer cookouts.
Build Your Own Burger Bar
One thing we are excited about this summer is getting outdoors with friends and family. I love having everyone over for some good food and good fun. Over the weekend we had friends over and decided to try a “Build Your Own Burger” Bar for something a little different. Everyone could make their own burger using the condiments and sides I had placed out. For the burgers we used Giant Eagle’s Market District Gourmet Seasoned Beef Burgers, Certified Angus Beef that were found in the meat department. They were seasoned with a steak seasoning and the taste was perfection.
To create the Build Your Own Burger Bar I used the following items listed below but you can get creative and change the toppings and condiments to what you and your guests like.
- American Kraft Natural Cheese Slices (found in the dairy aisle)
- Pepper Jack
- Red onion
- Sautéed mushrooms
- Oscar Mayer Bacon
- Vlasic pickles sandwich slices
- Hellmann’s Mayonnaise (found in the condiment aisle)
- Yellow mustard
- Heinz BBQ Sauce (found in the condiment aisle)
American Mushroom Burger
- Giant Eagle’s Market District Gourmet Seasoned Beef Burgers, Certified Angus Beef
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 cups sliced mushrooms
- 2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tbsp steak sauce
- American Kraft Natural Cheese Slices
- Preheat grill.
- In a medium skillet, melt butter over medium heat.
- Add Worcestershire sauce, steak sauce, and mushrooms to skillet with melted butter.
- Saute mushrooms 4 to 5 minutes, or until tender.
- Grill burgers to your liking.
- Place a slice of cheese on each burger and cook until melted.
- Place burger on roll, top with sautéed mushrooms, lettuce, tomato and serve immediately.
To drink we had Diet Peach Lipton Ready to Drink Tea that I picked up in the beverage aisle and watermelon as a side dish.
And of course we could not forget dessert. We made traditional sundaes with Breyers ice cream located in the frozen aisle at Giant Eagle. The “Build Your Own” Burger Bar was a success with my friends and we will be definitely doing it again soon.Next time you think about having a cookout, be sure to stop by your local Giant Eagle store to pick up everything you need.